Part-time Student Engagement Specialist- bilingual
The Alliance for Public Schools, an education related non-profit, seeks to recruit an energetic, responsible person to join our growing organization to support our student leadership programs throughout Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. We are looking for candidates who want to make a difference in their community by supporting student success. This position will serve in area locations and school and community sites in addition to providing some administrative support remotely. This position will assist staff to execute events for students and community members throughout the school year in order to foster student success.
Candidate should have familiarity with 9-12 family student engagement and leadership program design and implementation. Candidates must be successful working in a collaborative environment. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to build positive relationships with students, educators and the community. This is a part time position. Candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish and must have flexibility to work a schedule that accommodates meetings, trainings and events– which may include evenings and weekends.
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish desired.
- Experience in relevant fields such as Education, Youth Development, or similar preferred.
- Background in classroom teaching and/or student leadership programs is highly preferred.
- A history of connecting with schools and community organizations in Hillsborough and/or Pinellas County is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing information and research materials in order to create and maintain presentations.
- Attend and support school based events and programs.
- Support several community events throughout the year with planning, preparation and logistics.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Assist in creating event collateral and outreach for media and social media channels.
- Perform general clerical duties as needed.
- Must provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with students, educators and families.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must have own transportation and insurance and ability to travel throughout Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties for work
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Familiarity with Canva (online design tool) and ability to edit video is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas and passionate about making a difference in the community
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Approximate Hours/Week: 15-20 hours per week with option for additional hours when necessary.