Paid Internship for Education or Nonprofit Management Students
The Alliance for Public Schools, an education related non-profit, seeks to recruit an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization to support our student leadership and family engagement programs throughout Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. We are looking for candidates who want to make a difference in their community by supporting student success. This position will serve in area high schools and other school sites in addition to providing some administrative support. The intern will work directly with small groups of high school students on a monthly basis encouraging student engagement to promote a positive school climate. In addition, the intern will assist with events for families and community members throughout the school year in order to foster student success.
Over the course of internship, the intern will work in a collaborative environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of building positive relationships with students, classroom management, and family and community engagement related to K12 public education:
- Those majoring in relevant fields such as Education, Youth Development, Non-profit Management or similar preferred.
- Background in tutoring, youth mentoring, and/or experience working with education or youth development programs is highly preferred.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing information and research materials in order to create and maintain presentations.
- Attend and support monthly student meetings at local high schools.
- Support several community events throughout the year with planning, preparation and logistics.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Assist in creating event collateral and outreach for media and social media channels.
- Perform general clerical duties as needed.
- Must provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with students, educators and families.
Intern Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must have own transportation and insurance and ability to travel throughout Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties for work
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Familiarity with Canva (online design tool) and ability to edit video is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas and passionate about making a difference in the community
- Ability to speak and write in both English and a second language (Spanish, Portuguese or Haitian-Creole) desired
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Internship dates: 9/1/2021 through 5/31/2022
Approximate Hours/Week: 7-10 hours per week with option for additional hours when necessary